Angora’s school district was organized in the fall of 1904 but first records of the teacher Miss Weaver and her students appear in September 1905 in the White River Review. The school became known as the Angora according to those in the area because of the Lewis family who raised angora goats. In the summer of 1940 this log structure burned and a bond was passed to build a new school about a half mile east of the old site. The new building was a substantial frame building with a small entryway. The last school year was in 1952 when the district voted to transport the students to Rangely. The building continued to be used by the Harmony Demonstration Club and for other community activities until later sold. In the mid 1970’s it was moved into Rangely. As of 2013 it is used at that location as a garage.