The Lower Powell Park School was built in cooperation within the Powell Park district by donation from those in the area it would serve. It was located near what was once called Deighton Bridge on RBC 127. After 1923 with only 14 years in operation, it was no longer used as a school. In the mid 1940’s the Powell Park district sold the building and it was moved into Meeker. It is still being used as a shop and garage.