When the Marvine School was completed by Clarence Ford in 1914 it was the second schoolhouse within the Buford district. The number of homesteaders and ranchers had increased and upriver resorts flourished. In 1954 a new log building was built at the same location. The old school was sold and moved to become a garage and workshop at a private residence. Due to dwindling enrollment, the new school was only used on site for one year then maintained until needed in the future. In 1967 it was moved to a location on Meeker’s Main Street for a kindergarten and was used by the Meeker School District for over 30 years. As of 2013 the building is still at this location.