The Lower Strawberry School commencing in 1919, met in various homes and even a granary. In 1921 a new log building 27 ½ by 40 feet was built large enough to hold all community gatherings. The lower part of the porch was enclosed to keep out rattle snakes and skunks. The school yard was fenced to keep cattle out and keep the student’s horses in the school yard. The school closed in 1944.