After being moved to its new location, the Douglas Creek School also became known as the Wolf Canyon School to some in the Rangely area. Improvements were made to the school including a cistern and later a horse shed. The last school session was held in the 1941-42 school year. The building was used as a home for many years leaving fond memories for those who used it especially as a summer home. It was moved and added to the museum property in 1995.